You have a number of considerations when selecting a mechanical testing provider.
- Do they understand my specific needs?
- Can they turn around testing quickly?
- Is their pricing competitive?
- Can they provide technical explanations to help me if my items fail in testing?
Metals, alloys, polymers, plastics, and other materials all possess unique properties. A mechanical analysis includes testing strength, hardness, ductility, impact resistance, elongation, and stress. Mechanical testing allows you to determine the suitability of each material for intended application, life expectancy, or resolve failure/contamination issues.
We have metallurgical and materials science engineers supporting our testing technicians. That’s important when a tested item fails testing. We have a complete machine shop “in-house” that prepares all of your test specimens. This way, we're not subservient to other companies slowing down our response time for you. As a quality mechanical testing provider, we strive to support you in all cases.
Our mechanical testing services include:
- Tensile and Compression Testing (Room/Elevated Temp.) to 600,000 lb/f.
- Weld Procedure/ Performance Qualifications
- Charpy Impact (300ft/lb) and Transition Curves
- Brinell Hardness and Rockwell Hardness Test
- Vickers and Knoop Microhardness Test
- Nil Ductility/ Drop Weight Testing
- Fastener Testing
- Stress Rupture
- Proof Load Testing
- Bend Testing